Friday, September 9, 2011

Eriksen keen on Spanish move

Eriksen keen on Spanish move

Highly-rated Ajax starlet Christian Eriksen has revealed he would be interested in joining a Spanish side in the future. The Danish midfielder was thought to be on Manchester City's radar this summer but it appears the Primera Liga would be his preferred destination. The 19-year-old, who is under contract in Amsterdam until 2014, insists he is in no hurry to leave the Eredivisie champions but admits his game would be well suited to Spain. "With my style of play, there is no doubt that Spain would be ideal for me," Eriksen told Voetbal International. "But I'm still not transferring. My priority is to play football and at Ajax I play in the championship and I will play in the Champions League. "It may take two or three years before I move to Spain. I'm in no hurry to go until I'm ready to go. " Eriksen admits he took a course to try and learn Spanish but has already given it up. The Dane added: "It was pretty demanding, since it was learning Spanish from Dutch."