Friday, July 31, 2009

Figo not planning return

Figo not planning return

Luis Figo has dismissed reports that he could be set to postpone his retirement and join Real Mallorca or Tottenham this summer.

The Portuguese midfielder announced that he would be hanging up his boots at the end of last season after helping Inter Milan to the Serie A title.

He was nevertheless linked with a move to Spurs last month and Mallorca's prospective new owner Carlos Gonzalez is now reportedly keen to secure his services.

Figo remains adamant that he has no plans to play for another season, insisting that if he did not want to retire he would have stayed with Inter.

"I've heard about the interest but the person who it came from isn't even the president of the club yet," Figo told reporters in Portugal about Gonzalez.

"My assistant knows about the interest from Mallorca, but at this moment my priority is to rest and I'm not thinking about getting back on the pitch.

"If I wanted to continue playing football I'd have continued playing for Inter Milan.

"My future involves a different professional activity. I can't say more at the moment, but after hanging up my boots it's logical that I'm not going to stand still."



Crew visit Obama at White HouseEto’o closer to Inter