Sunday, July 19, 2009

Agent - No rush for Zlatan

Agent - No rush for Zlatan

Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent insists there is no rush for the Inter Milan striker to complete a move to Barcelona.

Inter and Barca have been holding talks over a deal which would see Ibrahimovic move to Camp Nou, and Samuel Eto'o and Alexander Hleb head in the opposite direction.

Barca president Joan Laporta has confirmed there is an 'agreement in principle' between the two clubs, with Inter also due to receive a fee.

However, Ibrahimovic's agent Mino Raiola has moved to cool reports in Spain that the Swedish striker will quickly finalise his switch to the European champions.

Raiola revealed his immediate priority is tying up the loose ends of Brazilian full-back Maxwell's transfer from Inter to Barca.

"As for the negotiations between Barcelona and Inter for Ibrahimovic, it is not done yet and it won't be until I see my player's signature on a contract that I have read," Raiola told Radio Radio .

"I can guarantee that it's not sealed for Zlatan. I can tell you that I will not start talking about this now, because for today and tomorrow I will only focus on Maxwell.

"Ibrahimovic has until the end of August to keep discussing this, as that is when the transfer market closes."



Barca agree Maxwell dealReds move into tie for Eastern lead