Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Silva fed up with rumours

Silva fed up with rumours
David Silva has revealed that he is becoming tired of the rumours surrounding a possible move away from Valencia in the summer and reiterated his desire to stay at Mestalla.

The Spanish international has been linked with several major European clubs due to los Che's continuing financial problems and is reported to be told he will leave.

While the media believe that the club will have to cash in on his services to help ease their debt, the player himself does not think that is true and is bored by the speculation.

"I am tired of the rumours. I take them all calmly, but they are beginning to tire me," Europa Press quote him as saying.

"They are things that happen in football and I accept that, but I want to reiterate that I have a contract with Valencia and I want to comply with that."

Silva and team-mate David Villa looked set to leave Valencia last summer after their impressive performances at Euro 2008, but they stayed with the club.

Villa is again also being tipped to move on, while Silva has been linked with Juventus and Liverpool with both clubs thought to hold a long-term interest in the winger.




MLS Power Rankings: Week 4
Villa wants Valencia stay
Valencia receive loan boost