Saturday, April 11, 2009

Diarra criticises Wenger

Diarra criticises Wenger
Lassana Diarra has sensationally claimed that he learned nothing from Arsene Wenger and insists that his time at Arsenal 'is erased from his memory.'

The Real Madrid midfielder joined the Gunners from Chelsea in August 2007 but was sold to Portsmouth the following January after making just eight starts for the club.

The French international found his feet at Pompey and impressed enough to secure a Ј20million move to the Bernabeu in January.

The 24-year-old has continued his good form in Spain but is adamant that Wenger did nothing to help him improve his game during his short stay at the Emirates.

"I did not learn anything from Wenger. He just taught me to doubt everything. The relationship I had with him was not good," he told El Pais .

"You cannot understand the whole world. I respect the way you train, but I learned more with (Jose) Mourinho.

"Mourinho taught me to fight. I spoke looking into his eyes. If you had a problem it would be discussed.

"Wenger never addressed me until I told him I was going. He talked to others, but not me. I feel like I never played for Arsenal.

"If people do not remind me of them (Arsenal), I forget about them. It's erased from my memory."

No excuses

Meanwhile, Gunners manager Wenger has dismissed claims that his side could suffer from fatigue as they look to progress in the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup in the coming weeks.

"It is something you don't want to talk about," he said.

"My experience from France is that they always talk about 'fatigue, fatigue'. When you talk about it you are tired.

"The mysterious nature of football means that on any day the team can look flat as a unit. Even if you are rested sometimes you can look tired because we don't really master how your body turns up.

"But these players are prepared to cope with that physical tiredness and you can rotate your squad.

"Tiredness is more mental than physical. Sometimes when players come in to the team they look as tired, if not more tired, than the players who played the game before. It is very unpredictable."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;} Arsenal 8/11, Draw 5/2, Wigan 4/1


Pires pens new deal
Dynamo have high expectations for Akinbiyi
Laporta - Messi a genius
Warzycha not panicking over slow start