Monday, June 23, 2008

Balboa: Madrid Can Facilitate My Exit

The Equatorial Guinea international was a member of Madrid's first team squad of 25 last summer but scarcely got a sniff of first team action.

As such he's eager to move on this summer, and Benfica have emerged as his most likely destination.

Reports yesterday rumoured that the ex-Racing Santander man was amenable to contact with the Portuguese side, and today he confirmed it.

Speaking to A Bola he said, "I think that Real Madrid can facilitate my exit," adding that Benfica are "a great team."

His own aim is "to play more regularly during the upcoming campaign," but Spain and Portugal are his chosen destinations.

"I do not want to play in Greece," he said of his being linked with Panathinaikos. "I prefer to join Benfica or stay in Spain."


Calderón: Sergio Ramos Is Staying
Javi García: I Won’t Leave Madrid Again
Di Stefano: Spain Can Do It
Pirlo rejected Milan exit