Monday, June 2, 2008

Nihat Spurns Fenerbahçe Interest

The Turkish ace hit prime goalscoring form last season with the Yellow Submarine, and ambitious Fenerbahçe were thus eager to bring him back to the motherland.

The club's president, Aziz Yildirim, said, "We want Nihat Kahveci and others like him. Fenerbahçe are determined to succeed and we'll continue working in this direction."

But such statements - as well as rumours of a €12m contract over five years - have not tempted the ex-Real Sociedad man.

He said, "I'm fed up with these rumours. Everyone must know that in Spain I'm going through a happy and successful time and I won't even consider returning to Turkey for now.

"In addition, I have a deal with Villarreal until 2011. I've received no offers from Fenerbahçe. And if there's a change my agent will convene a press conference."

The Yellow Canaries are also said to be tracking Fredi Kanouté of Sevilla and Emre Belozoglu of Newcastle United.


Kaka has successful op
Aguirre Spurns Mexico’s Advances To Stay At Atlético