Sunday, June 22, 2008

Torres: Let's Enjoy The Win

The Liverpool striker told Marca, "I'm enjoying this victory.

"I think we all must look back at the harder moments to realise how important this is.

"This is the most beautiful time I've ever experienced with the Spanish team."

Indeed, history was overcome for Torres, who added that "this is a job that's been on the cards for a long time.

"The shoot-out? I was confident in Iker. What's more, we reherarsed shoot-outs yesterday in training and it seems to have worked."

Fernando was substituted before the penalties began, though, to his considerable regret.

"I'd have liked to have taken a spot-kick because I always want to support the team," he added.

"Russia (semi-final opponents)? They've proven to be a high level side and they will compete."


Villa Agent Meets With English Clubs - Report
Rangers Announce Liverpool Clash
Atltico Success Thrills Torres