Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Robben Slams Liga Disciplinary Committee

The Dutch star returned to the field last Sunday after one month on the sidelines following a hard tackle by Alvarez for La Liga strugglers Recre during Madrid's 3-2 win.

The Huelva defender was only suspended for one game, a decision Robben classifies as "shameful".

"It seems that you can break someone's leg, have a one-game suspension, and it is like nothing happened," he said. "Anyway, after the game, he said he was sorry, I accepted his apologies."

"I have suffered many hard tackles in my career, but this was the hardest one."

Robben believes that the Disciplinary Committee should send out a strong message to prevent such tackles from happening.

"If Alvarez had hit me two centimeters lower, he would have broken my leg, nine months out," the Dutch international concluded.