Wednesday, March 19, 2008

David Villa could quit La Liga at the end of the season

Valencia striker David Villa has put Spurs on alert by admitting he could quit La Liga at the end of the season.

The £20million-rated hitman has had a disappointing campaign with only eight goals in 19 League games so far.

But he is still being monitored by Spurs, Chelsea and Manchester United because of his exploits in previous seasons.

Struggling Valencia are now unlikely to qualify for Europe and Villa has admitted that the club's underachievement has made him consider his future.

He said: "I have always been aware when offers have arrived for me and I will always make a decision on what's best for my career.

"Though, of course, everything will be done with the consent of the club.

"I have to think about my future and what I am going to do.

"I will be listening to all offers that come in."


See Also

Serie A Round-Up

Home holds extra meaning to jet-setting Dynamo

West Ham reportedly to play MLS all-stars in Toronto