Friday, August 26, 2011

Mata makes Blues move

Mata makes Blues move

Chelsea have confirmed that highly-rated Spain international Juan Mata has joined the club from Valencia, penning a five-year contract. Sky Fantasy Football Want to follow in AVB's footsteps and sign Mata? Get him in your team for £7.8m here. It was announced on Monday that an agreement had been reached for the 23-year-old, with Valencia having accepted an offer from the Blues. Personal terms have been thrashed out since then, while a medical has also been passed. Mata is now all clear to open a new chapter in his career in England and admits he is looking forward to getting started. The World Cup winner told the club's official website : "Right from the first moment there have been good feelings all around me. Training has been great and the players are a great group to train with. Sky Bet Odds Mata is 11/2 to open to scoring against Norwich on Saturday. Bet here. "Valencia was a big club anyway but I have left to join a bigger club and it is all about the opportunity to win trophies and I have that here." Mata becomes Andre Villas-Boas' fourth signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Oriol Romeu, Romelu Lukaku and Thibaut Courtois. Trophies On his early dealings with his new boss, Mata added: "He said he wanted Chelsea this season to play more attacking football, and that I would be a big part of that. "Villas-Boas is someone who won almost everything last year and we are both here with the idea of winning lots this season. "The plan is that I can play on either flank or even in the middle playing in between the lines of midfield and attack. I like to keep the ball and use it well, I am an attacking player and above all I like to set up goals and score them also. "Valencia was a big club anyway but I have left to join a bigger club and it is all about the opportunity to win trophies and I have that here." Juan Mata Quotes of the week "I want to adapt as quickly as possible to my new surroundings, my colleagues and this league, and I would love to win a trophy in my first season. If it can be the Premier League then great." Mata joins countrymen Romeu and Fernando Torres in West London and is pleased to have familiar faces around him. He said: "Fernando got me excited about the thought of coming here. "He said it would be good for me here and that me and him together could be good. I also talked to my family and friends about it as well."