Friday, July 15, 2011

Osvaldo keen to stay

Osvaldo keen to stay

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo has insisted that he would be more than happy to remain at Espanyol. The 25-year-old striker was hugely impressive last season scoring 13-goals for the Barcelona side. He has since been linked to a host of clubs with Tottenham one of those said to be leading the chase. Inter Milan, Juventus and Atletico Madrid are also thought to be keen, but he admits he could yet be ready to stay put. "I want to stay and I would love to be captain," Oslavdo told press agency Efe. "I think only about Espanyol. It shows in my mood and in training, I am happy here. "My agent does his job, but I just focus on playing and I have a contract in place. "My agent is like a father to me, he is very concerned about my future." Captain The captain's armband is free after Ivan de la Pena retired and he would like the chance to take charge of the team. "I would love to captain Espanyol, but this is something that needs to be decided on between all partners. "I feel very identified with this team and with the project, so I want to stay here."